Did you know that you can monetize the energy produced by your solar facility in addition to savings on your electric bill? Sol Systems can broker your SRECs to help you get the most out of your solar investment.
What is an SREC?
Renewable energy credits, or RECs, are commodities that you earn for producing solar energy directly from your rooftop system. RECs from solar are called solar renewable energy credits, or SRECs. SRECs and RECs are awarded each time an energy resource reaches a specific amount of energy production, generally 1,000 kilowatt-hours, so average residential rooftop systems generally produce between 4 and 12 SRECs a year.
SRECs are driven by state incentive programs, so SREC values vary on a state-to-state basis each with a fluctuating market value so it’s important to partner with a trustworthy aggregator with the right expertise.
Why Sol Systems?
Sol systems is a leader in SREC aggregation and has built sophisticated systems to optimize SREC values. At Sol Systems, we pride ourselves as sophisticated market movers. Our headquarters in Washington, DC drives our authenticity and locality on the East Coast. Registering your SRECs with Sol Systems guarantees:
- Best in class customer service
- Highest available SREC values
- Complimentary state registrations
- A trusted partner engaging directly with SREC compliance buyers
- Market insights based on our analysis of supply, demand, and legislation
- A team with holistic knowledge of solar finance and energy markets
How do I register my SRECs through Sol Systems?
We are here to guide you with easy to follow steps on how you can start generating additional income through your SRECs:
- Visit https://help.srecs.solsystems.com and create an account. Your solar installer may create the account for you instead.
- Confirm account upon receiving email requesting confirmation.
- Installer or Customer then:
- Installer required to verify system specs. (In some cases, Sol Systems can verify)
- Sol Systems generates contract.
- Review, sign, and return contract with interconnection agreement and supplemental documents.
- Sol Systems sends email to customer to confirm system has been registered with the state.
- Sol Systems tracks monthly meter readings (production data), and emails customer for manual meter readings only if needed.
- PAYMENT! – Customer receives payment from Sol Systems based on system production (paid quarterly in the months of February, May, August, and November).
- Payment arrives as a paper check by default, unless the customer selects electronic payment.
What are you waiting for? Register your SRECs with Sol Systems today!