- Solar Energy Tax Structured Investments
- Commercial Solar Energy Project Finance
- Solar Energy Securitization
- Solar Energy Debt Financing
- SREC Markets
Yuri Horwitz, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Sol Systems, oversees strategic growth and performance as well as investment strategy and services for the company. His disciplined focus on developing intrinsic value within a portfolio of complementary business lines has led to steady strong growth for the company since its inception in 2008. The company has grown revenues over 800% in the last four years from its trading, fund and asset management, and development businesses.
Mr. Horwitz continues to focus with the team on the expansion of the firm’s institutional investor clients, with a sound approach to financing and owning solar energy infrastructure. Under his leadership, the firm has developed and/or delivered 650MW of solar projects across 13 states. The firm now asset manages over $650 million in solar energy assets.
Sol Systems was listed among Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies for a fourth consecutive year in 2016. Mr. Horwitz is an elected member on the Board of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). He was a 2014 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year, and named one of Washington Business Journal‘s 40 Under 40 in 2011.
Prior to Sol Systems, Mr. Horwitz was an attorney at Alston & Bird, assisting clients with the development and financing of wind and solar facilities throughout the United States. He has also provided pro-bono assistance to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, the Southern Environmental Law Center, and the Surfrider Foundation.
Mr. Horwitz holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia and a dual B.A. from the College of William and Mary.
- Regional EY Entrepreneur of The Year™ 2014 Award Winner
- Finalist for Ernst and Young’s National 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year™
- Washington Business Journal: 40 Under 40, 2011
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies™ (934) in the United States 2015
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies™ (446) in the United States 2014
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies™ (91) in the United States 2013
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Solar Power International 2015: State of the Tax Equity Market
- Infocast Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit 2015: Financing Small to Mid-Scale Solar Projects panel
- SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar 2015: Ask the Experts panel
- Solar Power International 2014: Financing Commercial and Industrial Solar Projects
- 2014 Deloitte Alternative Energy Seminar: Paving the way for Growth
- Center for Strategic & International Studies Washington, DC 2014: Solar Energy Policy Round Table covered by CSPAN:
- PV America 2014 Conference in Boston: Conference finance chair and speaker: The Future of Solar Financing & Challenges Ahead panel
- Novogradac Financing Renewable Energy Conference in San Francisco, 2013: Tax Equity Outlook for Renewable Energy Panel
- Infocast Solar Power Finance and Investment Summit in San Diego, 2014– project economic viability and deal structuring, especially as they are related to tax equity investment
- Infocast Tax Equity at Projects and Money 2014 Conference: Optimization of Capital Structures panel
- GTM’s U.S. Solar Market Insight in San Diego, 2013 – Solar Securitization and Standardization
- Solar Power International 2013: Commercial, Industrial, Municipal and Small Utility Project Development panel
- Solar POWER-GEN 2013: Who is Funding Solar Power Development in the Commercial and Residential Space?
- Approaching the Tax Credit Horizon: Where Will Commercial Solar Succeed in 2017? by Yuri Horwitz and Eric Scheier, June 12, 2015
- Peering Over the 2017 Horizon for Solar, Part 2, by Yuri Horwitz and Will Graves, Greentech Media, January 21, 2014
- Peering Over the 2017 Horizon for Solar, Part 1, by Yuri Horwitz and Will Graves, Greentech Media, January 17, 2014
- Solar Energy Finance 2013: Beyond Traditional Tax Equity – Why there’s light at the end of the tunnel in a post-1603 world. by Chris Cather
- Solar Fund and Platform Provide New Financing Options – By Jennifer Dockery, Assignment Editor, Novogradac & Company LLP
- Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits March 2013 Issue 2013 – “Solar Industry Trends: A Playbook for Tax Credit Investors.”
- Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits April 2013 Issue – “Solar Industry Trends 2: A Look at Geographical Markets.”
- Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits October 2012 Issue – “Solar Tax Credit Investing and the Challenge of SREC Markets.”
- Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits September 2012 Issue – “New Markets: Tax Credit Equity and Solar Energy Development.”
- September 2011 AOL Energy! – “Hope Shines Through Bankruptcy Clouds for US Solar Sector.”
- Greentech Media