Interested in joining one of the fastest growing companies in the country? Sol Systems is hiring a full-time accountant, SREC portfolio manager, and now, an SREC Operations Analyst. This is an entry level position and a great opportunity for launching a career in renewable energy.
Position: SREC Operations Analyst
Requirements: Sol Systems is seeking an analyst to provide support to Sol Systems’ SREC team. The ideal candidate is hard working, extremely organized, detail and process-oriented, personable, and has the ability to multi-task in order to accomplish assignments in a timely manner. This position provides a fantastic launching pad for a career in renewable energy, and Sol Systems often promotes internally as positions become available.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
1. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
2. A great attitude and lots of enthusiasm
3. Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and face to-face interactions with colleagues, customers, etc.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Access a plus.
5. Some familiarity with SRECs – preferred.
6. Team oriented.
7. Ability to learn quickly while maintaining a keen eye for details and staying organized.
8. Ability to adapt to changes in processes as directed from outside state and regulatory authorities.
9. Passion for the solar space. Knowledge of solar a plus but not required.
10. Extremely detail oriented and process oriented.
11. Quantitative and analytical skills
Description: The Analyst will be in charge of the following tasks:
1. Customer service responses to phone calls and email inquiries from our SREC customers.
2. Submittal of customer registrations to state and regulatory authorities.
3. Maintenance and management of customers qualified under outside state SREC programs.
4. Assist with payments sent quarterly to nearly 4,000 customers.
5. Organization of and outreach to all customers with expiring SREC annuity contracts and other proactive operations management activities.
6. Processing registration materials received from SREC customers.
7. Lead generation and solar research for our SREC and project finance teams.
8. Leverage analytical skills to prepare monthly generation reporting to the necessary regulatory bodies and trouble shoot meter reading issues
9. Other Responsibilities as assigned.
Location & Hours: Our office is in Dupont Circle. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week in the office. Our business hours are typically 9:30am to 6:30pm, but employees may work more hours if necessary.
Commitment & Compensation: This is a full time position. Compensation will be $25,000-$30,000 per year depending on experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic startup environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, relevant transcripts, and three references to email@example.com. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered as seriously as applicants that submit all items.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm that offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, Sol Systems focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and New Market Tax Credits. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.