Sol Systems is currently seeking a Renewable Energy Trader. Please read the job description below for further information. If you have any questions, please forward them to email@example.com
We are looking for a full time Renewable Energy Trader who lives or would relocate to the Washington, DC area to join our growing team and assist in our efforts to manage one of the largest Solar REC portfolios in the country. The role will require a combination of trading, modeling expertise, written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, negotiation skills, and financial analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
To include but not limited to:
- Managing the purchase and sale of SRECs for Sol Systems, including building relationships with brokers and other counterparties.
- Trading duties will involve executing contracts, SREC tracking, and payment for and from SREC transactions.
- Building extensive models specific to the SREC Markets, Risk Analysis and General Reporting.
- Tracking legislation and assisting with writing monthly market commentaries and quarterly webinars, as well as ad hoc presentations.
- Assisting in setting pricing and the SREC acquisition strategy for the portfolio.
- Monthly reconciliation of all transactions.
- Prior Trading experience. (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient in VBA and Access. (Preferred but not required)
- Detail orientated.
- Familiarity with portfolio risk management and best execution strategies.
- Communicate well in both written and verbal formats.
- Excel modeling in both portfolio risk and portfolio sale strategies.
- Architecting and building complex financial models in both excel and Access with a preference given to candidates able to program in Access with VBA.
- Working with and understanding relational databases.
- Analyzing portfolio risk and determining the best path for mitigating those risks.
We are looking to move quickly to fill this role, with interviews starting the week of October 1, 2012 through October 15, 2012, and the target start date to be October 31, 2012. Please contact us soon if interested.
The position will pay commensurate with experience. Salary Range ($40,000 – $50,000)
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems is a solar finance firm and a leader in financial innovation in the renewable energy industry. Since its inception in 2008, Sol Systems has partnered with over 350 solar installers and developers to bring over 3,000 projects from conception to completion by offering innovative financing solutions for residential, commercial, and utility-scale projects.
Sol Systems’ solar financing programs catalyze investments for a broad set of projects by simplifying their origination, diligence, and financing process. Developers seeking financing for projects can access over $2.5 billion in capital through the Sol Systems investor network.