Sol Systems. along with local partner GenPro Energy, bring extensive expertise to the ripe Nebraska solar market, where municipal utilities, co-ops, public power districts, and large utilities have the opportunity to take advantage of the numerous cost benefits solar energy systems can offer.
Why Solar in Nebraska?
With the cost of solar energy continuing its years-long decline, Nebraska, where flat land and sun are abundant, continues to serve as an ideal market for solar energy systems. For a variety of entities working to provide power to communities in the state, going solar through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) can offer energy savings and certainty over a long period of time. A solar PPA with Sol Systems:
- Provides the utility a fast-track to expanding services
- Spurs local economic development
- Improves customer satisfaction through customer choice
- Offers retail customers price certainty
- Does not require utility to spend scarce time and money figuring out how to develop and market solar
- Allows the utility to focus on what it knows best, serving its custom
Our Work in Nebraska
In 2017, Sol Systems and GenPro partnered with the City of Lexington (NE) to develop, finance, and construct a 3.9 MW solar farm.
- The 3.9 MW array will produce enough energy to power
- 700 homes each year, the most per capita of any solar project in the state
- By locking into a PPA, the City of Lexington will have 25 years of price certainty against volatile wholesale electricity rates
- The portfolio will produce roughly 7,100 MWHs of electricity each year, offsetting more than 550,000 gallons of gas consumption
Take a look at our case study on the Lexington project