Solar energy is unmatched in its ability to provide customers with long-term price-stability through the utilization of a power purchase agreement (PPA), a contract structure through which Sol Systems has financed over $750 million of solar installations.
A PPA is an agreement where the customer agrees to buy the electricity from a solar energy system that Sol Systems finances, constructs and owns. Sol Systems installs, owns, and operates the system, requiring no capital outlay from the customer, and then sells the electricity it produces to the customer at a fixed rate ($/kWh) over a set period of time, assuring the customer a guaranteed price for their energy over the contract’s life; no surprises.
A PPA with Sol Systems:
- Requires no capital outlay from the customer
- Provides a fixed rate for energy over 20-25 years
- Offers price certainty against a volatile electricity market
- Includes engineering, design, and construction
- Covers all operation and maintenance