Sol Systems is seeking a Director of Marketing to help us expand our growing team and business and lead our Marketing Department.
Sol Systems attracts the best and the brightest. We have built a dynamic, entrepreneurial and capable team dedicated to the important mission of reducing the human ecological impact through the financingbuy cheap jumpers, development, and management of distributed generation energy assets.
We change the world. We invite you to join us.
Description: Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the marketing and communications strategies that will support Sol Systems’ business growth and brand awareness.
- Develop a branding strategy
- Develop an annual marketing plan
- Actively participate in the execution of Marketing activities, including but not limited to:
- association memberships
- awards proposals
- collateral creation and updates
- email marketing
- events and webinars
- public relations, media and messaging
- social media
- strategic business initiatives
- website design and maintenance
- Manage a two person team including Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships & Communications – and Executive Planner & Office Manager
- Analyze the success of the Marketing Team’s initiatives
Requirements: A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5-10 years of Marketing experience in progressive roles
- Minimum 3 years of media/public relations experience
- College degree required; Master’s degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Self-starter and hard-working (strives for personal and professional growth)
- Proven ability to convey brand and messaging to mass media
- Creative in approach to design and business initiatives
- Passionate about the environment and energy industry
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Polished interpersonal skills (ability to connect with colleagues and clients)
- Excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Motivates & inspires fellow team members, and enjoys mentoring
- Experience in solar or financial services industry preferred
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week in the office. Our core business hours are 9 am to 6 pm, with the expectation that the candidate will work additional hours as necessary.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education reimbursement, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic startup environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems is a renewable energy finance firm that provides secure, sustainable investment opportunities to investor clients, and sophisticated project financing solutions to developers. Founded in 2008, Sol Systems focuses on meeting the industry’s most critical solar financing needs, including tax structured investments, capital placement, debt financing, and SREC portfolio management. To date, the company has facilitated financing for thousands of distributed generation solar projects and hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 corporations, utilities, banks, family offices, and individuals. For more information, please visit www.solsystemscompany.com.