Sol Systems continues to expand in order to facilitate the deployment of solar projects. Now, we’re looking for a talented project manager to work with our developer and EPC partners to deliver solar assets on behalf of our investor clients. Please see the posting below for more information on the position and how to apply.
Position: Project Manager
Description: A Project Manager on the operations team will have the following responsibilities:
- Work externally with EPC teams and developers to effectively manage and deliver upon major milestones during the construction phase for our investor clients, on time and on budget.
- Compose communications and scheduled status reports for internal and external parties.
- Lead and participate in project meetings with EPC partners, conduct on-site meetings/inspections, and generally keep an active involvement during the installation and acceptance testing.
- Proactively attend to potential issues associated with typical solar PV construction.
- Oversee multiple projects in parallel, successfully meeting target goals for completion milestones.
- Monitor performance of projects, manage relationships with O&M providers to deliver services.
Requirements: Sol Systems is seeking an experienced project manager to join our operations team. In this role, you will work with our developer and EPC partners to manage the successful delivery of solar projects on behalf of our investor clients. The Project Manager will be required to manage and communicate between various stakeholders to ensure that all interests are being met during the installation and operation of new systems. This role will require a combination of pure project management skills, solar construction experience, an understanding of contracting and project level agreements, leadership skills, and strong communication capabilities. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Driven to achieve results in a manner that meets or exceeds project targets, with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Experience in solar EPC activities, with an understanding of typical requirements.
- Understanding of solar PV system equipment, technical specifications, and market expectations for best practices or has the desire and ability to learn.
- Versed in project management and contract administration, with the ability to monitor progress and mitigate schedule delays, scope changes, or cost increases.
- Ability to work successfully across multiple stakeholders, understanding the goals and best interests, and able to meet expectations.
- Identifies issues and proactively pursues agreeable solutions
- Attentive and responsible for administration of project level agreements.
- Desires increasing responsibility and is able to successfully manage across various investors, project teams, project locations, and financing structures.
- Self-Starter, hands-on and comfortable working with minimal oversight.
- Highly organized and is eager to improve process, increase standardization of delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Write professionally.
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week in the office. Our core business hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm with the expectation that the candidate will work additional hours when necessary.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic startup environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, relevant transcripts, and three references to email@example.com. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered as seriously as applicants that submit all items.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
The Company: Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm and a leader in the solar industry. Sol Systems offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, the company focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and debt. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.
The Team: Sol Systems attracts the best and the brightest. We have built a dynamic, entrepreneurial and capable team dedicated to the important mission of reducing the human ecological impact through the financing, development and management of distributed generation energy assets.