Position: Director: Project Finance
Requirements: Sol Systems is seeking a full-time director of project finance to help lead our efforts to source attractive solar projects from our expanding network of developer partners across the US and its territories. The role will require a combination of project finance expertise, solar development experience, written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, business development efforts, negotiation skills, and team leadership. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience and expertise in solar project finance, or renewable energy project finance
- A working knowledge of the inverted lease, sale lease-back, and partnership-flip structures
- Solar project development experience and expertise
- A network of developer connections from prior work experience – preference for West Coast experience
- Sales experience and expertise
- Team leadership experience and expertise
- Deadline oriented
- Self-Starter, hands-on with attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly while maintaining a keen eye for details and staying organized.
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Knowledgeable in Access – preferred
- Write professionally
Description: The Director of Project Finance will be in charge of the overall management of the developer facing asset acquisition team and will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing and developing the Sol Systems developer network. This will include establishing an outreach plan for new partnerships and a client management plan for existing partnerships. Periodic travel for face to face meetings will be required.
- Managing a team of 5-7 employees of varying skill levels and expertise and motivating them to achieve success.
- Working closely with IT professionals to design and refine our project acquisition platform to meet the needs of the team’s processes and information sharing goals.
- Composing valuable communications to increase the stickiness of our developer relationships.
- Speaking at conferences as a solar expert on behalf of Sol Systems.
- Negotiating strategic partnerships and project exclusivity with developer entities.
- Conducting internal training sessions for new and existing Sol Systems staff regarding project development nuances and the overall team process.
- Clearly and coherently communicating with management regarding the status of developer relationships, individual projects, and the teams overall efforts.
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week in the office. Our business hours are typically 9:30am to 6:30pm, but expectations will be that the candidate can work more hours if necessary.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic startup environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, relevant transcripts, and three references to email@example.com. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered as seriously as applicants that submit all items.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm that offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, Sol Systems focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and New Market Tax Credits. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.