Position: Part-Time Accountant/Bookkeeper
Company: Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm that offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, Sol Systems focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and New Market Tax Credits. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.
Requirements: Sol Systems is seeking a part-time accountant/bookkeeper to provide direct support to the Chief Financial Officer of the Company. The successful candidate must demonstrate attention to detail and have excellent accounting and record-keeping skills, as well as working knowledge of state and federal tax regulations. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BS in Accounting or Business, or 2+ years of experience as a staff accountant
- Deadline oriented
- Self-Starter, hands-on with the attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Ability to learn quickly while maintaining a keen eye for details and staying organized.
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Experience serving as a lead accountant
- CPA preferred but not required
Description: The Accountant/Bookkeeper will be in charge of the overall management of accounting functions and the following tasks:
- Generating customer invoices and working closely with the sales team
- Processing vendor invoices and employee expenses
- Research and resolve payment variances with customers
- Setting up cash disbursements
- Preparing payroll on bi-monthly basis using ADP
- Preparing monthly journal entries and schedules
- Performing monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Assisting with month end and year end close procedures for preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Assisting in annual tax filing preparations
- Coordinating with the employees in the office on appropriate accounting procedures
- Managing the company’s cash needs in conjunction with the needs of the business units
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle. This position is part-time, with a preference for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week; however, we can offer some flexibility as to schedule. Our business hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Commitment & Compensation: This is a part time position for an independent contractor. Compensation will be $20.00-$30.00 per hour depending on experience.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, relevant transcripts, and three references to email@example.com. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered as seriously as applicants that submit all items.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems is a solar finance firm and a leader in financial innovation in the renewable energy industry. Since its inception in 2008, Sol Systems has partnered with 350 solar installers and developers to bring over 3,000 solar projects from conception to completion by offering innovative financing solutions for residential, commercial, and utility-scale projects.
Sol Systems’ financing programs catalyze investments for a broad set of solar projects by simplifying their origination, diligence, and financing processes. Developers seeking financing for solar projects can access over $2.5 billion in capital through the Sol Systems investor network.
In addition to providing financing, Sol Systems also offers project due diligence, deal structuring, and asset management services – all designed to reduce overhead and transaction costs and quicken project development timelines.
For more information, please visit www.solsystemscompany.com.