Position: Senior Software Engineer, Sol Systems
– Minimum B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
– Minimum 5 years object-oriented, web-oriented software development experience
– Minimum 3 years experience Ruby, Rails
– Experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails 3.1
– Experience architecting normalized SQL database schemas (SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
– Experience writing comprehensive unit, functional, and integration tests
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Quality- and Detail-oriented
– Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Comfortable participating in all stages of the software development process, from requirements gathering to deployment
Washington, DC – Dupont Circle
$90k – $100k, commensurate with experience
– Health Benefits
– Dental Benefits
– 401K Plan (starting summer 2012)
– Opportunity to help guide technology direction at a small, quickly growing company and advance quickly
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and code sample to email@example.com with a reference to this ad. No recruiters please.
Additional Company Information:
Sol Systems is a solar energy finance and development firm that was built on the principle that solar energy should be an economically viable energy solution. With thousands of customers and hundreds of partners throughout the United States, Sol Systems is the largest and oldest SREC aggregator. We provide homeowners, businesses, solar installers, and developers with sophisticated financing solutions that help make solar energy more affordable. Sol Systems also helps energy suppliers and utilities manage and meet their solar RPS requirements efficiently by providing them with access to diverse portfolios of SRECs. For more information about our SREC services, please visit www.solsystemscompany.com.
In addition to SREC services, Sol Systems maintains a rapidly expanding renewable energy networking platform, SolMarket. Through SolMarket, renewable energy developers can easily advertise their projects to investors with cumulative investment funds totalling more than $1.6 billion in a secure way. Additionally, SolMarket provides an accessible, diverse project pipeline totalling more than 160MW to renewable energy investors looking for new renewable energy investment opportunities. For more information about SolMarket, please visit www.solmarket.com.