- Investor Management
- Solar Project Diligence and Acquisition
- Project Level Equity Placement
Andrew Gilligan leads the Sol Customer Solutions company – overseeing and managing one of the most experienced and leading solar development platforms in the United States. Previously, Mr. Gilligan led the Sol Systems’ investment team, working with financial institutions and strategic investors to acquire and own solar projects. Mr. Gilligan has been with Sol Systems for eight years and has led the development and / or acquisition of over $500 Million of distributed solar projects during this time.
Mr. Gilligan is currently an adjunct professor at Georgetown University, teaching a course on the Energy Industry, and in 2018 Mr. Gilligan was named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30 List for the Energy Industry. Mr. Gilligan has also guest lectured on project finance at Johns Hopkins University, Yale University, and the Clean Energy Leadership Institute.
Prior to Sol Systems, Mr. Gilligan completed his education at Georgetown University, where he helped launch Georgetown Energy, a solar energy consulting group. Mr. Gilligan holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and International Affairs, specializing in Energy studies, a certificate in International Business Diplomacy, and he graduated magna cum laude.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- June 2017: SEIA Tax & Finance Seminar: Opening the Small C&I Sector: Platforms to Underwrite, Insure and Pool Unrated Credits
- March 2017: Infocast’s Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit
- Clean Energy Leadership Institute (CELI): Finance Expert Lecture, 2013 – 2017
- SEIA Tax and Finance Seminar 2014: Tax Equity Current Market
- Infocast’s Distributed Solar Summit 2013: Policy and incentive frameworks in New York
- 2nd Annual Green Building Symposium and Expo at Gallaudet University’s Kellogg Conference Center 2013: Financing Green Building Improvements in the District
- 2013 Georgetown Energy and Cleantech Conference: Transformation of the U.S. Energy Landscape:Energy Career panel
- What Would the Fiscal Cliff Mean for the US Solar Market? – December 18, 2012, Greentech Media
- Hope Shines Through Bankruptcy Clouds for US Solar Sector – September 2011 AOL Energy!