Position: Communications Internship
Opportunity: The Communications Intern will gain familiarity with the inner workings of one of the fastest growing companies in the nation by supporting the Marketing and Communications team. The internship will provide a fantastic launching pad for careers in marketing, public relations, and renewable energy. We change the world. Join us.
Project Description: The Intern will work with the marketing team to:
- Manage the company website and assist with general maintenance
- Assist with the creation of brochures and collateral that support the Sol Systems project finance team
- Write and post content to the Sol Systems blog and social media channels
- Assist in the creation of the company’s first video
- Support the development of company e-mail newsletters and press releases
- Execute on media strategies for news releases
- Use our CRM tool to create or update contact records
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate student who is: creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and driven. Passion for renewable energy is a plus. Prospective candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm, a great attitude, and a sense of humor
- Self-starting and creative in problem solving with minimal direction
- Understanding of Google Analytics and web-based content management systems
- Excellent research and persuasive writing skills
- Video editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Vocus, PRNewswire, MailChimp, Expression Engine, SalesForce, and WordPress is beneficial, but not required.
- Graphic design and HTML skills are a plus
- A demonstrated interest in marketing energy, renewable energy, project finance, and entrepreneurship
Location & Hours: Sol Systems’ offices are located in the heart of D.C.’s historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, a block away from Metro and Capital Bikeshare stations. Our address office is 1718 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC. Our business hours are 9am to 6pm.
Commitment & Compensation: Part-time or full-time interns will be considered. Interns will be paid an amount commensurate with the length of the commitment and prior experience in the form of a stipend. Successful candidates may be eligible to continue the internship into the spring semester.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter (no more than one page each), and three references (academic and/or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, be sure to address the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Sol Systems?
- What marketing and communications experience and skills do you have to contribute to the Sol Systems team?
Deadline: Applications for this position will be accepted immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis. Please apply early.