Sol Systems continues to expand its team of solar project finance professionals. In addition to new postings for a Project Finance Associate and a Tax Equity Associate, we are also looking to hire a MBA Marketing Intern. See the posting below for the this position.
Position: MBA Summer Internship – Marketing Strategy at Solar Energy Investment Firm
Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a current MBA student who is: quantitatively minded, resourceful, detail-oriented, driven, and passionate about the development of renewable energy. Prospective candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm and a great attitude
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Self-starting and creative in problem solving with minimal direction
- Understanding of Google Analytics and web-based content management systems
- Excellent research and persuasive writing skills
- A demonstrated interest in marketing, energy, renewable energy, project finance, and entrepreneurship
Opportunity: The MBA Marketing Intern will gain familiarity with the inner workings of a quickly growing solar finance company. The Intern will focus primarily on marketing communication strategies while working within an open-air office environment that provides numerous educational opportunities to learn about solar energy and project finance. The internship will provide a fantastic launching pad for a career in renewable energy.
Project Description: The Intern will work with the Director of Marketing and lead a marketing metrics strategy to:
- Create a baseline of marketing metrics
- Determine which metrics are the most useful for quantifying success towards the company’s goals and objectives
- Set new goals and objectives
- Establish an efficient framework to measure existing and new metrics on an ongoing basis.
The baseline metrics will be derived from various external Marketing channels such as the company’s blog, press releases, website analytics, webinars, as well as internal company resources. The Intern will work with the Director of Marketing on a strategy to determine how existing (and new) marketing metrics should be used to measure client engagement, and how to quantify the Marketing team’s success using the current Marketing channels. The Marketing team will use the new strategy and framework to measure the success of various marketing channels and to prioritize future marketing initiatives.
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle at 1718 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC. Our business hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Commitment & Compensation: We prefer applicants willing to work full time. Interns will be paid a stipend. Successful candidates may be eligible for a full time position with Sol Systems upon graduation, pending availability.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter (no more than one page each), and three references (academic and/or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, be sure to address the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Sol Systems?
- What analytical and quantitative experience qualifies you for this position?
Deadline: Applications for this position will be accepted immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis. Please apply early.