Sol Systems continues to expand its team of solar project finance professionals. In addition to new postings for a Senior Director of Tax Equity and a Tax Equity Associate, we are also looking to hire a Project Finance Associate. See the posting below for the Project Finance Associate position, or visit our careers page for more information.
Position: Associate, Project Finance
Requirements: Sol Systems is seeking an associate to join our project finance team. In this role, you will work with our project finance clients to originate and diligence solar project opportunities as well as reaching out to potential new sources of funding. The role will require a combination of project finance expertise, solar knowledge, written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, business development efforts, negotiation skills, and leadership skills. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience and expertise in renewable energy project finance or the desire and ability to learn solar finance quickly
- Sales experience and expertise
- Leadership experience
- Expertise in finance, including strong proficiency in modeling
- Deadline oriented
- Self-Starter, hands-on with attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly while maintaining a keen eye for details and staying organized.
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Knowledgeable in Access – preferred
- Write professionally
Description: An Associate on the Project Finance team will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with other members of the Project Finance Team to screen project opportunities and make investment recommendations.
- Composing communications with and managing our developer and investor relationships.
- Negotiating strategic partnerships with new developer and investor clients.
Location & Hours: Our office is one block from Dupont Circle. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week in the office. Our core business hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm with the expectation that the candidate will work additional hours when necessary.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic startup environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, relevant transcripts, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered as seriously as applicants that submit all items.
Deadline: Sol Systems is looking to hire for this position immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
The Company: Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm and a leader in the solar industry. Sol Systems offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, the company focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and debt. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.
The Team: Sol Systems attracts the best and the brightest. We have built a dynamic, entrepreneurial and capable team dedicated to the important mission of reducing the human ecological impact through the financing, development and management of distributed generation energy assets.