Disclaimer: Please note that Sol Systems is posting this opportunity on behalf of MDV-SEIA. Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Maryland-DC-Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA) Board of Directors is seeking an Associate Director (AD) whose primary responsibilities will be to administer the daily functions of the organization, including supporting membership needs and collecting membership dues. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most dynamic renewable energy industry associations in the nation, and interface with many of the most promising companies and entrepreneurs in the industry. The AD will support the planning and execution of meetings and events, including the annual conference. The AD will also ensure the Board is supported in their duties, manage intern staff, coordinate other volunteers, and support fund raising. The Associate Director reports to the Board and executes at their direction.
This is a full-time position which includes office space in downtown Washington DC. The members of the MDV-SEIA Board will typically represent the organization to our stakeholders such as interfacing with legislators, regulators, state executive branch and other stakeholders.
The Associate Director works with and directs the MDV-SEIA staff to ensure that the Board is fully supported including research, supporting collateral materials, coordinating meetings, providing follow up and when appropriate representing the association. Historically MDV SEIA staff consists of undergraduate and graduate interns from local schools who work part-time during the school year and typically full-time in the summer.
The Associate Director is responsible for managing the MDV-SEIA annual conference which is already scheduled for November 11th and 12th in the Washington DC Metro Center Marriott. In support of the conference, the Associate Director will participate on a team that will manage a group of industry volunteers in addition to the MDV-SEIA staff to design, manage and deliver the conference.
The Associate Director is also responsible for managing the relationship with the national Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). MDV-SEIA along with more than a dozen other state organizations collaborates with SEIA in defining state policy objectives, defining strategy and executing the strategy.
- Direct and manage staff of 3-6 interns
- Manage and provide direction on membership management/dues collection, new membership, and membership retention
- Communications strategy, providing regular, content-rich, communications to membership.
- Responding to member inquiries and suggestions.
- Providing a conduit to the board for member feedback
- Coordination and facilitation of MDV-SEIA volunteers
- Advocacy support: research, analysis, write me paper, marketing materials, grassroots marketing, meeting logistics
- Developing an annual policy funding plan each summer to support legislative objectives
- Driving and managing strategic partnerships identified by the Board of Directors
- Coordination and promotion of public/sponsored quarterly member meetings. Manage Association calendar, insuring the scheduling and completion of required mtgs
- Accounting, finance, and compliance. Insure dues collected, bills paid, and compliance obligations met with authorities (tax filing, reporting, etc.).
- Work with Board to support the capture of new revenue opportunities
- Work with national SEIA to advance joint objectives
- Periodically represent MDV-SEIA to stakeholders
Who Should Apply
A driven, organized, and committed professional with experience either in renewable energy or in helping to manage a non-profit who is passionate about the renewable energy industry and focused on building long-term relationships and building a career.
Candidates must have a full-time college degree with relevant course work and will be required to provide references.
The ideal candidate will also have the following traits:
- Excellent organizational skills and drive
- Ability to manage revenue (dues) capture, including direct outreach to members
- Willing to roll up their sleeves
- Ability to manage and motivate a highly intelligent, but young intern staff
- Ability to work in an environment where direction is provided by a part-time Board
- An interest in advancing a career in the renewable energy field
MDV-SEIA is the Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia chapter of the Solar Energy Industry Association (SEIA). MDV-SEIA is one of the most active regional solar organizations in the United States with membership exceeding 320 professionals and organizations along each step of the solar supply chain, who are dedicated to growing solar locally and nationally. MDV-SEIA has helped shape solarfriendly legislation and, through working with key figures throughout the industry, is committed to maintaining the strong momentum of the solar energy industry.