Sol Systems is proud to welcome Senior Associate Matthew Chou and two new Solar Analysts interns, Sahiba Chopra and Victoria Ngare to the Sol Systems team.

Matthew Chou – Senior Associate

Matthew Chou joins Sol Systems with over five years of experience in the energy and finance sectors. Most recently, he served as a senior financial consultant to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Loan Guarantee Program, where he helped secure loan financing for renewable energy projects with a combined transaction value of over $2 billion. Mr. Chou started his career in investment banking with Macquarie Capital in their utilities M&A team. Additionally, he spent a year working for a non-profit foundation as part of the ProInspire Fellowship Program. At Sol Systems, Mr. Chou works on developer outreach and project financing initiatives for SolMarket, Sol Systems’ project financing arm for commercial and utility-scale solar projects.

Mr. Chou graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2006 with a Bachelors of Science in Economics from the Wharton School and a Bachelor of Applied Science from the Engineering School.

Sahiba Chopra – Solar Analyst Intern

Sahiba Chopra joins Sol Systems after having worked at Solar Intech, a solar energy system provider, in India. At Solar Intech, Sahiba successfully managed the company’s first international export to South Africa. Before that, Ms. Chopra worked on a research project regarding the increasing vulnerability of farmers in South India as a result of global climate change. Prior to interning at Sol Systems, Sahiba was an intern at the Washington, DC chapter of the Sierra Club where she focused on energy efficiency. Ms. Chopra continues her work on the Sierra Club DC chapter’s Energy Committee as a  volunteer. At Sol Systems, Sahiba focuses on the company’s SREC operations. Through this internship, Sahiba looks forward to learning about the SREC market and solar project finance.

Ms. Chopra graduated in 2011 from the University of Maryland, College Park where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Mandarin Chinese.

Victoria Ngare – Solar Analyst Intern

Victoria Ngare joins Sol Systems during her senior year at Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. As a student in the Science Technology and International Affairs program, Victoria has an educational background in environmental science and policy. Victoria’s involvement on-campus includes work with Professor Timothy Beach on Ancient Maya agriculture, helping to coordinate the GU Famers’ Market and the GU Community Garden, as well as  writing for The Hoya, Georgetown University’s oldest student run newspaper. Off-campus she works at Patagonia, an outdoor clothing company that seeks to educate its customers on environmental issues and organizations. Driven by intellectual curiosity, Victoria’s main focus will be gaining knowledge about the solar industry, especially the dynamic area of renewable energy financing.

About Sol Systems

Sol Systems is a solar finance firm and a leader in financial innovation in the renewable energy industry. Since its inception in 2008, Sol Systems has partnered with 350 solar installers and developers to bring over 3,000 solar projects from conception to completion by offering innovative financing solutions for residential, commercial, and utility-scale projects.

Sol Systems’ financing programs catalyze investments for a broad set of solar projects by simplifying their origination, diligence, and financing processes. Developers seeking financing for solar projects can access over $2.5 billion in capital through the Sol Systems investor network.

In addition to providing financing, Sol Systems also offers project due diligence, deal structuring, and asset management services – all designed to reduce overhead and transaction costs and quicken project development timelines.

For more information, please visit www.solsystemscompany.com or www.solmarket.com.

Category