Sol Systems is hiring a Director of Finance!
Sol Systems is a Washington D.C. based solar energy finance firm that is committed to making solar energy more affordable. Sol Systems is one of the fastest growing solar businesses in the nation, offering a rewarding experience and a substantial opportunity to the right candidate.
We are looking for a full time Director of Finance to join our growing team and help lead our efforts to develop and expand SolMarket, one of the most innovative and exciting renewable energy finance platforms in the country. The role will require a combination of modeling expertise, written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, business development efforts, negotiation skills, and financial analysis. Experience in solar project finance, or renewable energy project finance, is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
To include but not limited to:
- Managing and developing the SolMarket investor network, currently a network of around 18 private equity, tax equity, family office, and IPP investors with over $2 billion in aggregate committed capital for solar projects.
- Helping to manage the SolMarket team and their efforts to expand the SolMarket community.
- Working closely with IT professional to design and refine the SolMarket platform to meet the needs of the SolMarket community.
- Designing and utilizing project finance and structured finance models.
- Writing regular market commentaries.
- Speaking at conferences as a solar expert on behalf of Sol Systems.
- Negotiating strategic partnerships with financial entities.
- Conducting internal training sessions for SolMarket staff on different project finance structures.
- Understand, analyze and communicate project finance, with a focus on solar project finance.
- Understand, analyze and communicate the inverted lease, sale lease-back, and partnership structures.
- Communicate effectively with investors, banks, and renewable project developers.
- Grasp project and portfolio risk management.
- Write professionally.
- Model project and portfolio risk in Microsoft Excel.
- Pull project data in Microsoft Access (preferred).
Significant experience (5+ years) in:
- Architecting, building and understanding complex financial models.
- Project finance.
- Analyzing portfolio risk and determining the best path for mitigating those risks.
We are looking to move quickly to fill this role, with interviews starting in the beginning of May, with a target start date in June. Please contact us soon if interested.
The position will pay commensurate with experience and the industry. Sol Systems is a solar finance firm – not an institutional bank, hedge fund, or private equity player.Sol Systems also offers its employees an employee incentive plan, quarterly bonuses, health insurance, paid vacation, monthly “creative” days, Sol field trips, health club membership and a 401K program (summer 2012).
Please submit a resume and cover letter (no more than one page each) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be subsequently asked for a writing sample and three references.