- Structuring solar project finance transactions
- Negotiating power purchase agreements
- Legal diligence for solar projects
- Federal acquisitions
Leslie Hodge leads Sol Systems’ solar project acquisition and funding efforts, working with financial institutions and long term asset owners to structure transactions for acquisition, financing, and construction.
Previously, Ms. Hodge serve as the Deputy General Counsel for Sol Systems. She practice law for a decade, with a focus on solar project finance. Prior to joining Sol Systems, Ms. Hodge served as an Assistant General Counsel for the Department of Justice, where her practice focused on third-party financed renewable projects for federal agencies. Dedicated to the Renewable Energy Initiative, she led negotiations on behalf of the federal government and pioneered innovative federal contracting vehicles. In addition to her transactional practice, Ms. Hodge is a seasoned litigator having served as an Assistant District Attorney in Nassau County, New York and a trial attorney at a boutique civil litigation firm in Chicago.
Ms. Hodge received a B.A. in medieval history from Cornell University and a J.D. from Temple University, where she was a Public Interest Scholar and served on moot court and trial team. She currently serves on the Washington, D.C. Board of the Women’s Energy Network and sits on the national Board of Directors for the New Leaders Council.
- Georgetown University, Energy Structure and Markets Seminar, DC 2016 Guest Lecturer: Trends in Solar Project Finance
- GreenTech Media Solar Summit, Scottsdale, AZ 2016 Panel: The Anatomy of Successful Projects – Avoiding Project Pitfalls
- Clean Energy Leadership Institute, Washington, DC 2013 Guest Lecturer: Renewable Project Finance
- GovEnergy, Cincinnati, OH 2011 Panel: Resolving Problematic Language and Overcoming Authority Constraints in Energy Contracts
- Federal Utility Partnership Working Group, Portland, OR 2011 Panel: Energy Savings Agreements
Appointments and Industry Leadership Positions
- Chair, Renewable Committee of the Energy Bar Association
- Board Member, Women’s Energy Network
- National Board Member, New Leaders Council