- Solar Energy Tax Structured Investment
- Structured Finance
- Commercial Solar Energy Project Finance
- Solar Energy Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Dan Yonkin leads tax structured investments for corporate and institutional clients with Sol Systems. Under his leadership, Sol Systems has managed eight tax equity transactions for over 90 megawatts of solar projects totaling over $250 million.
Mr. Yonkin has co-authored articles on solar tax structured investments and securitization of solar assets for the Journal of Structured Finance, Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits and Greentech Media. Also, he has been an invited panelist for conferences such as Sunshine Backed Bonds 2014 and IPED’s Emerging Trends in Financing Tax Credit Projects Conference 2013.
Prior to Sol Systems, Mr. Yonkin spent two years with the Copernicus Institute for Sustainable Development as a Huygens Scholar in the Netherlands, researching policies to stimulate the deployment of renewable energy technologies. While in the Netherlands, he worked for a consultancy that advised the European Commission on implementation of their Emissions Trading System.
Mr. Yonkin holds a MS in Sustainable Development specializing in energy policy and tradable permit markets from Utrecht University. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Vassar College.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Solar Securitization 2014 Opportunities in Solar-Backed Securities – Discussing Issues Surrounding Tax Equity and Solar Securitizations.
- 2nd Annual Sunshine Backed Bonds 2014 – Confronting and Resolving Issues with Tax Equity in the ABS Structure, and How to Structure Tax Equity to Avoid Issues In Future
- IPED’s Emerging Trends in Financing Tax Credit Projects Conference 2013 – Dan spoke on Solar Investment Tax Credit compared to other types of tax credits, such as low income and historic tax credits.
- Tax Equity Issues and Accounting Considerations in the Solar ABS Structure (co-author) – Journal of Structured Finance, TBD
- 2013 Solar Industry Trends: A Look at Geographical Markets – Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits, April 2013
- 2013 Solar Industry Trends: A Playbook for Tax Credit Investors – Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits, March, 2013
- Solar Tax Credit Investing and the Challenge of SREC Markets – Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits, October, 2012
- New Markets: Tax Credit Equity and Solar Energy Development – Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits, September, 2012
- Future of Renewable Energy Finance – Energy Risk Magazine, October, 2011