- Investor Management
- Solar Project Diligence and Acquisition
- Project Level Equity Placement
Andrew Gilligan leads Sol Systems’ solar project acquisition and funding efforts, working with financial institutions and long term asset owners to structure financing for the acquisition and construction of solar projects. Over the past five years, Mr. Gilligan has overseen investments for over $300 million of equity into solar projects in the non-residential distributed generation space throughout the U.S. Since 2012, he has successfully increased the amount of investor capital deployed into qualified solar projects by an average of +47% each year.
Prior to Sol Systems, Mr. Gilligan completed his education at Georgetown University, where he helped launch Georgetown Energy, a solar energy consulting group.
Mr. Gilligan holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and International Affairs, specializing in Energy studies, and also a certificate in Business Diplomacy from Georgetown University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- June 2017: SEIA Tax & Finance Seminar: Opening the Small C&I Sector: Platforms to Underwrite, Insure and Pool Unrated Credits
- March 2017: Infocast’s Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit
- Clean Energy Leadership Institute (CELI): Finance Expert Lecture, 2013 – 2017
- SEIA Tax and Finance Seminar 2014: Tax Equity Current Market
- Infocast’s Distributed Solar Summit 2013: Policy and incentive frameworks in New York
- 2nd Annual Green Building Symposium and Expo at Gallaudet University’s Kellogg Conference Center 2013: Financing Green Building Improvements in the District
- 2013 Georgetown Energy and Cleantech Conference: Transformation of the U.S. Energy Landscape:Energy Career panel
- What Would the Fiscal Cliff Mean for the US Solar Market? – December 18, 2012, Greentech Media
- Hope Shines Through Bankruptcy Clouds for US Solar Sector – September 2011 AOL Energy!